As a new student of the International Doctoral Program in Asia-Pacific Studies (IDAS) and the International Master’s Program in Asia-Pacific Studies (IMAS) you may choose to live in-campus or off-campus. Whatever you choice is, we have compiled some information to make it easier for you to find your new housing in Taiwan.
National Chengchi University dormitories are a modern and well-equipped affordable housing option for international students. New graduate students are guaranteed a room for their first year, during their second year they must go through a lottery process.
If you choose to live off-campus, there is a number of websites and communities where you will find many options to suit your needs and budget. Please go through this information and let us know if we can do anything else to help you settle in!
National Chengchi University dormitories are non-coed. Smoking and cooking are both prohibited in all dormitories. All rooms are furnished with bed frame, reading desk with drawers, bookshelf, wardrobe, air conditioner, and cable Internet. Mattress, sheets, pillows, blankets, and toiletries are not included. There are information desks, TV rooms, laundry facilities in the dormitories. Pease refer to the website of the Housing Service Section for additional information of the dormitories, such as available room type, fees, bed size, facility, and etc.
Dormitory Application for Graduate Students
Dormitory for new international students: Late June (the same as the acceptance reply deadline)
Dormitory for Current International Students
- Current dormitory residents who haven’t exceeded the maximum semesters of dormitory residence and don’t need to join the lottery drawing: Mid-April to Late April
- Non-current dormitory residents who haven’t exceeded the maximum semesters of dormitory residence or current dormitory residents who haven’t exceeded the maximum semesters of dormitory residence have to join the lottery drawing: Early August
Dormitory for Summer Break
Dormitory for summer break: Apply online May
- Newly admitted international graduate students, except for those who have obtained the bachelor’s degree or above in Taiwan, are guaranteed a bed in an on-campus dormitory for the first year.
- Second year or above international graduate students who haven’t exceeded the maximum semesters of dormitory residence must apply to join the lottery drawing process to determine the residence of next academic year. Those who don’t win the lottery drawing will be placed on the waiting list and will be informed in order to take the vacancy.
- Dormitory fees as well as the deposit are included in the bill of the registration fees and paid in the beginning of each semester. The dormitory fees of semesters cover the winter break. The dormitory fee of summer break will be half (50%) of the semester dormitory fees.
The Housing Service Section provides the information of the off-campus housing available in the nearby neighborhoods as well as the sample of the lease. Besides, students also can search for the off-campus housing information in the greater Taipei area via the websites of the NPO. The rent of single room with the public bathroom in Wenshan District ranges from NT4,000 -9,000 per person per month (about USD$150-USD$300). The rent of the single room with the private bathroom in Wenshan District ranges from NT6,000 -12,000 per person per month (about USD$200-USD$400).